To bring together, in one location, both the VII Pan-American Conference and the V National Congress of Welding with the following primary goals.
- To organize a commercial exhibit that offers the opportunity to gather together, in a single location, all the commercial enterprises of equipment and products for the inspection of nondestructive testing in order to offer their products and services to the end users and consumers.
- To serve as a forum so that the different technological education centers, development and investigation of the applications of the nondestructive testing and welding inspection centers, can disclose the advances of their development and investigations by the participation of lecturers and their presence in the commercial exhibition.
- To serve as a meeting place, where the enterprises of the field can interview our new talent and professionals of the different areas and educational levels who wish to advance in the areas of welding inspection and nondestructive testing.
- To organize the conferences by themes, so that the experts and scholars can present the goals obtained in their investigations and prepare the poster sessions, so that the rising stars have a forum to demonstrate the results of their investigations and achieved development under the direction of their professors.
- 1984 1st Congress and exposition, Sao Paolo, Brazil.
- 1987 2nd Congress and exposition, Caracas Venezuela.
- 1991 3rd Congress and exposition, Lima, Peru.
- 1995 1st Panamerican Conference, Houston, USA.
- 1999 2nd Panamerican Conference, Canada.
- 2003 3rd Panamerican Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 2007 4th Panamerican Conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2011 5th Panamerican Conference, Cancun, Mexico.
- 2015 6th Panamerican Conference, Cartagena, Columbia.